View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 06:07 PM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by badtransam97 View Post
Is the 2-4 month reserve in CLT for nonproior 121 as well as previous 121 guys? I'm realistically looking at applying, or actually meeting req's by the end of April, first of May. I think you can actually apply if you are within 3 months of mins?? I just lack about 15hrs multi. Trying to get a realistic timeline of number one, reserve length, and secondly a general idea of upgrade time. I think a previous post said around 2yrs, wasn't sure if that was for folks already in the pipeline.
Reserve time has nothing to do with whether or not you have prior 121 turbine time or if you are a 1500 hour CFI. It only has to do with your seniority number. The more senior you are, the more likely you don't have to sit reserve. It usually takes guy a few months in CLT to have the seniority to bid a line and not sit reserve. It's actually not long at all considering guys are sitting reserve for 3+ years at some regional airlines right now. And if you do not have the prior 121 time then you will likely wait 18 or so months to upgrade. Again, not a long upgrade compared to most places. We have airplane deliveries scheduled through 2017. That combined with attrition will keep the movement happening. They will be hiring and upgrading for the foreseeable future. It's a good place to be and a good time be here.