View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 07:28 PM
mpilot153
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Originally Posted by 1Barracuda View Post
Anyone on the hiring board or in management that could answer a question- A bit of background first: after attending a few job fairs and speaking with recruiters I was told that my lack of a current training event is an issue since it's been many years since my last (with a failure).

My specific question- would obtaining a 737 type rating be of value to me at this point to prove to United I'm capable of passing a training event? Especially since Southwest Airlines has dropped that requirement and United has 737's.
Nobody in one of those positions is going to answer that question on a public forum.

Also, it is impossible to answer that question with the two paragraphs of background info.

If you want the the best guess, I would work with an Interview prep person.

Cage Consulting
Lori Clark
Judy Tarver

If you pay for the interview prep up front, and let them know you'd like the prep later, but would like an app review now + advice on trouble spots now...they'll hook you up, and work with you to the end.

They are working with tons of people in and out of Interviews. $3-400 to one of them will get you a much more accurate answer than my $.02

My $.02 - how the 'F' can a new type rating and working on your professional development hurt? If you are listening to someone saying it will mark you for Southwest and the legacies wont look at you - well, chances are you are getting advice from someone that uses a jitterbug phone.