View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 12:44 PM
cactusflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by pete2800 View Post
Who said this to you? I'm looking for specifics. If you would like to send me a pm, please do

I see many senior Captains staring lustfully across the ramp at the SkyWest CRJ-700's they used to fly, and they're still bitter about them being taken away. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Man, back when we flew jets..."
I've heard from several people that our current president is pushing Air Group to get jets for Horizon, so there may be something to those rumors.

Flying out of BOI means I get to experience a slightly different version of "senior captain SJS". Usually, it starts with the "back when we flew jets" that you mentioned, and then transitions into a rant about having to commute for ten years while Boise was closed (and maybe something about some perceived slight from our current
management) followed by something about "Scabwest", and often there's something about how much of a POS the Q400 is.

There's been a couple of times when I've been incredibly close to saying "get over it", but since there's some new upgrades coming into Boise, it's nice to fly with people who aren't holding a decade long grudge exacerbated by SJS.