View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 10:02 AM
andreas500
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
The lack of capital argument doesn't work in the current environment. The US govt. has been creating money like crazy since 2009 through QEs and "Operation Twist". It is the allocation of that money. It is all going to banks who then dump it in the stock mkt in order cause a bubble and give an illusion of prosperity. I don't think there can be a free market under our current political situation (Citizens United) and the existence of a Central Bank run by private banking interests. There is no country in the world with a true free market, because the political fallout would be too great.
I do not disagree with your points - and in fact I am very concerned with the long term implications of the huge volume of money that has been created. Along with the much greater risk that is the result of the huge banks and and central bank "fiscal policy" that is both old style and is increasingly incapable of dealing with real fiscal imbalance (not inequality).

I am however also very concerned with the huge debt that we as a country are continuing to create and do not seem to have much stomach to address - political or electoral.