View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 11:47 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
That's not the exemption I was talking about, and it was not an exemption until recently. I said only that military aviators get a break on flight time. Maybe you are reading something into it that is not there.

If they act that way, then why not? I still do not get what you really talking about here. If you are military you are exempt from meeting the full minimums for the job. You're not just arguing some semantic point are you? Would you call it something else? Is exempt a word that you really dislike? Propose another and I'll use that word instead. There's nothing wrong with that.

Oh ok so you do know about them. I am not military so I do not keep track of that info. I would guess something like 2:1, not sure. And I definitely do not know what you are talking about if not that. Feel free to explain.

Yes - I even looked at the definition of exempt and did not see how it worked in with how you were trying to use it.
It is your word - if you are good with it - no problem.

You do not understand the military conversion factor if you think it is something on the order of 2:1. This makes me doubt you understand the purpose of the military conversion factor; but that is a matter that has been hashed out in numerus threads before.

I'll not contribute any more to the thread drift.