Thread: Bad day at BOS
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 04:41 PM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

Originally Posted by Joe84 View Post
I don't think it was a good recovery, they went around after the belly of the aircraft scraped the ground and flew around for an hour with unknown damage.
Unbelievable, well tell us, what would you have done?, landed belly up, slid off the side of the runway impacted terrain, have the airplane come apart and have....... oh I dunno 3,000lbs of Jet-A soak the passengers then ignite????? When something is wrong especially that close to the ground, you gotta get the hell out of there, FLY FIRST FIX SECOND. Just because its not in a manual or is not clearly printed out for you in some dumb QRH does not mean it was the wrong thing to do, despite what people think, or what technology has done for us the one thing people seem to forget is that simple stick & rudder skills is what saves peoples asses.............I believe this is the second time a quick thinking Eagle crew had escaped what could of been a terrible incident.........

PS I do not know the whole story, but from what I have been told they may have gone around ebcuase they were not sure if they could Land & Hold short.........not sure if they realized what was going on, but even so good decision to go around..................