View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 09:28 AM
GrassLandings
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: E-175

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
They still have to flow 150 pilots and the pool is drying up.
This.

Along with the 150 flow, many others being picked by majors and the 20 new AA airframes. New hires (right now) with no 121 time will be able to upgrade in 1.5 years or so. (But I agree with 404, an FO with only 1.5years 121 will have a harder time passing than the past pool of pilots who may have been 5+ year FO's or even Capts at other airlines).
Even after the flow is done(nov) the growth and other attrition due to major hiring will make for a decent ammount of movements for a while after. Even then, its a descent timeframe. Somewhere around 3 years I beleive I was told.

Also, up until recently compass only hired ex 121 guys with 4year degrees. Now all those guys are either hired somewhere, or out of the game. It would be wise to open interviews to those without 121 time or 4 year degrees to keep the airframes staffed with pilots Compass likes. Im sure there are ex 121 capts they have turned down, and non121, no degree applicants that have gotten the green light. Not all will be good candidates, but there are many pilots out there with plenty of relevant expierence that may or may not have some college.
You will see more and more new hires with some or no college, and no-121 time.