View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 09:46 AM
404yxl
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by GrassLandings View Post
This.

Along with the 150 flow, many others being picked by majors and the 20 new AA airframes. New hires (right now) with no 121 time will be able to upgrade in 1.5 years or so. (But I agree with 404, an FO with only 1.5years 121 will have a harder time passing than the past pool of pilots who may have been 5+ year FO's or even Capts at other airlines).
Even after the flow is done(nov) the growth and other attrition due to major hiring will make for a decent ammount of movements for a while after. Even then, its a descent timeframe. Somewhere around 3 years I beleive I was told.
Since our upgrade will probably drop to basically street captains this fall, I think anyone hired right now will see their upgrade extended due to more junior pilots upgrading before them because those pilots will come in for the street captain slots. When they get their 1000 hours, their upgrade time will depend on how many upgraded below them, and depending on how close they start from today.

For those without any of the 1000 hour requirement, it is probably 2 years for those hired right now and anyone hired this summer or fall onwards, is probably looking at 3-4 years.

Subject to change due to abnormal attrition/growth and if we get a realistic interview/flow for the pilots after this flow expires