View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 12:44 PM
404yxl
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by AlaskaBound View Post
Don't forget Endeavorer is wholly owned and that's always turned out bad for those in the past. Delta is ruthless and it's amazing how quickly people forget how terrible RA can make it for wholly owned carriers. Those first few upgrade classes will be to upgrade those who have been downgraded and there are 7.5 year FOs who still have to upgrade. Don't get too excited about 9E yet.
Don't get too excited about Compass. 9E is wholly owned and Delta can decide to increase their compensation and let Compass and everyone else wither and die with their current CPA pay rates. Once TSH hits the wall, they will need to increase our compensation to attract candidates and restrict attrition. If Delta and American say no, watch our flying reverse.

It's a two way street, don't assume Endeavor is a guaranteed fail. Get your PIC and get out of here as soon as you can. That is all I can suggest.

Originally Posted by AlaskaBound View Post
Maybe this is a preemptive move to keep the flow of candidates coming. It's really hard to believe but maybe TSH is being kind of proactive? I can't believe I said "TSH and proactive" in the same sentence but it seems to be the truth.
Preemptive? They are the worst at preemptive moves. We are already well behind on the upgrades and new hires due to their decisions. This one was probably made later than it should have been too.

Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Overall pay is better at SkyWest and upgrade times are faster at Compass. Right now the upgrade time is at 3.5-4 years at SkyWest. Don't know for sure about Compass. The thing about upgrades is they can and do change without notice. Never chase a quick upgrade.
I want the koolaid you're drinking. Skywest is in a worse position than Compass with all their non-76 seat airplanes waiting to get parked. The only way Skywest pilots will be insulated from that is if they park Expressjet and ASA planes at an abnormal rate and give their 76-seat replacements to the Skywest pilots. Until you become a 76-seat fleet, you are at risk to feel the regional shrinkage going on.