Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 09:16 PM
JasonLeonard
Boost is Life

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: In the Garage

Originally Posted by NedsKid View Post
17% of all voting power for our future is speaking right there.

17% of the vote thinks a pilot who picks up open time when his fellow pilots are furloughed is "great", and was "ticked" he wasn't able to get a JA each month and violate the CBA's limit of 5 JA's a year - so he ran for MEC rep . . . and won.

At least he's involved, and stepped up. Will anyone else?

Find out April 14-15th, when the Spirit ALPA MEC meets in FLL at our MEC offices (this is published on the Spirit ALPA site, but, just in case you don't read it, I'm mentioning it here too - ask your rep for directions to the office, since that info should remain of a public board). Given that no more than 5 pilots usually show up for an LEC meeting (after 200+ pilots complain about the MEC not listening to them), I'm betting no more than 3 pilots who aren't on the MEC or one of the committees are there. Be there, or let the MEC decide your fate in a vacuum.
We will actually be having a period set aside for folks to walk in and talk to us. I don't know which day it will be or when the MEC Comm will come out notifying you guys of the MEC Meeting (as in, following the C&BL). I am trying to get the address as well. If somebody else has it and wants to beat me to it, be my guest. Its the SPA ALPA office in Lauderdale. I've never been, nor do I have keys. I have some questions regarding that, but they won't be made here.

Just 17%?? You must have forgotten what role call is.

JCD is a great guy. I don't know anything about any pilot's past unless it was spread around on here or SPB back when we had it. Who's side are you on? I'd be happy to answer your concerns in an email, a phone call, or text. You're welcome to record the conversation. So hit me. Don't be scared lol

I came from an airline that had 200% OT for 4 years straight. So when my friends suggested I come here and gave me the run down, they explained the JA process was just "the Spirit way to get 200%." I had zero access to a contract. What I did have was pay rates and everyone on THIS thread saying how AMAZING unlimited JAs were and how every month they pulled 140 hours. So yeah, I was ticked because I didn't understand the system when it was finally brought into compliance. Just figured I would share what motivated me to run. My "Manifesto" isn't hard to look up. I still stand behind the principle of that letter I signed and delivered to each pilot's VFile. The details have changed as how the system actually works was learned and understood.