View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 PM
putzin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by 1st overnite View Post
This may or may not be the right place to post this, but here goes.

I was asked to give a presentation to a gifted program class, I think it is called STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) for a class of 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. They said to plan an activity. So this isn't a "how did you become a pilot" or "a day in the life of a pilot" talk. They said it is supposed to be educational, promote thinking and interaction and will hopefully include an activity. Has anyone done this? Any ideas for this? I was thinking about something to do with teaching lift, but not sure if that will just put them to sleep.

If these are truly gifted students, there is a very good chance that they are already smarter than me and most pilots I know so I don't want to embarrass myself
Lol, I'm not envious of your position. Back when most of us we're "smarter than a fifth grader", I did a project with an elementary class that involved Bernoullis principle, etc... However, today, if you don't walk in there with a composite, solar powered airplane, with a food replicator on board, you're liable to just be laughed right off of the school grounds. Oh and most likely " bullied" on facebook.

Good luck.