View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 12:42 PM
ykhalil1370
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Default Start flight training at 27

Hello all,

I am sure that you are tired of reading the same threads over and over, however, I am still inclined to ask for advice. I am currently 25 about to hit 26 and want nothing more in life than to be working as a pilot. I obtained my PPl about a year ago I was going to do the whole ATP flight school thing from PPL to CFI in about 4 months but couldn't do it due to my financial situation. I took up I.T and am earning around 50,000k currently and about to hit 70,000k in about 6 months. The money is sweet especially because I do not have a family and barely have any bills, I already have a bachelor's degree and a PPL. My question would be, would it be too late to save up and keep my current job for another two to three years and then continue my flight training or should I drop everything and go for it now at age 25. I know I will be making around 25 to 30k as a FO but Idc I cannot imagine myself doing anything else, all I do all day is daydream of becoming a pilot, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced