View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 11:36 PM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Originally Posted by Boxedfoods View Post
So this is my first post but i've been reading this forum for awhile its the only one where i can find a leaving the career section. I am a regional FO who feels that i was lied too when I was in flight training, maybe I was dumb not quite sure. This job was exciting at first and continued to be for the 6 months after. Now I realize how screwed im getting and how far off a major job is. I despise going to work and leaving my family for 5 days. My counter parts who went to school for as long as I did have great jobs where they are respected. On the other hand I feel as if I'm treated like a child. So Ive come to the conclusion that I deserve better. I dont want to be one of the 50 year old guys begging for a job at women in aviation. So I'm starting my search on ways to get out. I would like to hear from a few of you on your action plans? If your self employed what are you doing ? How did you get there? Tell me how much greener the grass is on the other side.
AS I figure the OP won't see this... this is to all the guys with the above sentiment.... WHAT exactly do you think you were lied to about... WHAT did you think this business was about... etc... et. al...

I mean JHChrist.... I see it all the time on these boards... "I hate being away from home"... What the heck did you think pilots do??? sit at home all day and think about flying..??? Pilots fly...they go places .. they spend time away from home and family... if you didnt know that....BLAME YOURSELF... and just maybe you are using that as an excuse.....

Holidays, birthdays, etc.. it all comes with the territory.. seniority and living in base fixes some of those things... but even senior guys sometimes miss things...

This career... in any or all of its fashions is not for everyone... I get it.. but stop blaming the profession and move on if that what you wish to do. Granted... the last 10 years have been rough.. but times are looking up for those with the right credentials and age.... oh and for the record... I dispute there was ever a GREAT time in aviation... its always sucked for a portion of those in this career.....rant over.