View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 11:11 PM
Probe
Don't say Guppy

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Guppy driver

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Great. But we should extend it to all income starting from dollar one with no exemptions. Its a recruiting tool used by economically hostile companies/countries. The last thing we should be doing is facilitating their recruiting for them. If EU followed suit it would at least force them to instantly raise their pilot pay costs probably 30-40% or so because they'd be forced to pay it for them or park their fleets. Win win.
There is nothing wrong with the amount they pay. If there was, they would have no pilots. Why don't you make the same argument about American RJ FO's, willing to work for 19 dollars and hour while trying to figure out how to pay off the 80K in loans they took out to pay to go to Riddle? Aren't they undercutting the value of the rest of us?

The ME carriers pay an adequate amount of money to recruit the pilots they need. If they wanted to pay less, all they would have to do is lower the requirements, and there recruitment mailboxes would be full of underpaid RJ guys and PTF pilots.

Pilots are *****s, including me and you. When my US airline lowered my pay, I voted with my feet and left, for a long time. The other 99% did not.