View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 01:23 PM
wareagle
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by marcal View Post
I read that piece yesterday and thought it was one of the better pieces that I read on the topic. I don't personally believe that Peter Garrison is using this piece for self-promotion or ego purposes. That is Les Abend's thing. I felt that PG made many valid points, particularly that our passengers best investment in safety, is the fact that I'm sitting in the front. People ask all the time if I get "nervous" knowing they're all back there. I tell them that my goal is to get home safely and as long as I do that, they will to.

Finally, my guess is that SW doesn't get together with his other contributors. He probably writes from his laptop from home with minimal interaction with the others. It also is not his responsibility to echo your thoughts to PG. You can and should write a letter to the editor, not ask a writer to do it.
Why would anyone read CNN? It's click-bait.
And here's a guy who writes for Flying magazine, and all he can do is discourse in cliches.
Any op-ed piece that begins with The Truth About... will unfailingly contribute nothing of value. But hey, writers need to get paid.