View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 09:15 PM
belliott
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Back in school.

This article is offensive on so many levels...
Smarter and better than others because of the uniform I wear? Ha... I get paid to fly the way my company wants me to fly and wear the uniform they want me to wear. More to the point... we wear uniforms to distinguish ourselves in the event of an emergency so that we may give meaningful direction to our passengers and they may understand to follow our direction as we are not dressed as a typical fellow passenger.
Don't care about the people I transport? Wrong again... Yes, I am onboard as well but keeping those who unequivocally trust my training, experience, and professionalism safe is my calling, my passion, and my mission.
I fly planes so safe the worst pilot around can fly it? Clearly you have not met or flown the MD80/DC9, SF340, SA227, BE1900, or DHC8... my dear Peter... autopilots and automation are not always available to those flying passengers but you would know that because.... oh wait... that's right you never have been a 121 pilot.
Thanks for commenting on a profession you haven't the slightest about outside of what you read on CNN in the last few years. We appreciate it and look forward to you helping us learn how we can do our jobs in a safer, more professional, and humane manner.