View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 12:22 AM
Timbo
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
That article was off the mark on so many levels, it was very far from the truth. The author knows nothing about being an airline pilot.

If you look at how it's set up, it's pretty obvious he put it together haphazardly and without much thought.

We need to step it up professionally? How so?

As a whole, I can't think of a more professional group. If you can, who is?
He's now a 71yr. Old curmudgeon so just about everything he writes is going to be pretty haphazard. He sounds like he's an Airline Pilot wannabee but was passed over, and now he's a just a grumpy old man.

As most have pointed out above, he knows NOTHING of being an Airline Pilot, and in his vast 4,000 hours in a light single, he doesn't know much about flying in general. He's certainly never flown large jet transports safely around the world, around the clock in all kinds of weather for 20,000 hours. He could probably take some of his own advice, do some research, and 'step it up' as a professional journalist. It's a sad day when Richard Quest knows more about Airline Pilots than this tool. And Richard's not even a Pilot!

Read his bio, he's a aircraft designer wannabee, pilot wannabee, software designer wannabe, (see a pattern?) who's settled for spewing his mindless rants on things he knows nothing about. If I see this article reprinted in next month's Flying Magazine, I'll unsubscribe the next day.

And Amen to Carl's post above.