Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Scoop , 03-29-2015 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
Scoop
Super Moderator
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2007
  • Position
    DAL 330
Quote: Having jumpseated on both the 737 and A320 and flown neither, which one is a better QOL airplane, pay notwithstanding? Has anyone flown both and care to compare/contrast? it seems like I hear a lot of complaints about the noise and space on the 737 and about the trip quality on the 320... I think a lot of people are weighing the same options right now in both seats.

I fly the 737 and yes the cockpit is a disaster. Before flying the 737 I was on the 767 in LAX when that went to a combined category. I bid into the 737 for a better QOL after overcoming my # 1 objection to the 737 - which is the cockpit.

If you like it small, loud, and uncomfortable you will love the 737. You can recline your seat or move it back - sorry you can't do both. Flying a 900 - good luck getting your bag out of the closet aft of first class and most likely buried behind the FA bags who like to access their bags in flight. But who needs that first 15 minutes on a 55 minute turn anyway.

I am 5'11 and occasionally hit my head on the overhead. I really dont how the the 6' plus crowd handles it.

Just to be fair - the displays are great, and the navigation is very, very tight.

To answer your question about QOL I would have to know what is more important. I weighed QOL much more heavily in seniority and controlling my schedule then flying a much more comfortable cockpit, 7ER in my case, but also the baby bus.

Scoop