View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 08:45 AM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT

Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
I cant believe i am reading a thread explaining to someone that the Captains have more responsibility, therefore they are going to get paid more.

As far as equal retirement.

Come on. We are all dealt a pile of ****. Deals with yours. Don't ask your union brothers to bail you out.

Sideshow probably could have had 40 yrs if he never was furloughed from us airways. the a plan also had a 2.25(?) a plan multiplier.
Lets make it up to him, and others who had to deal w any airline hardship.

Btw- not sure i'll ever upgrade
Hmmmm...maybe I should sue USAir for their lousy management, SWA for having a superior business model, the government for gutting the A plan and ALPA for taking three years to cough up for bare bones medical insurance.

Seems to be the way bad luck/bad choices are dealt with these days.

I misread the tea leaves in '89 by going there in the first place...nobody's fault but mine. But ALPA not only didn't help furloughees like IPA, but the membership actively maxed out open-time pickup. Management is supposed to ruthlessly max profit while unions are supposed to advocate for and support their dues paying membership. My point is ALPA miserably failed while IPA rose to the challenge better than any other union has. While that gets UPSPillot's panties in a wad (his screen name keeps changing but his message hasn't), it's the unvarnished truth.

Now there's a narrative that the junior are being trampled underfoot by the IPA. There's a narrative that because of UPS' business model and management, bigger jets, loss of 3 seaters, age 65 and the economy that we must turn everything upside down like nobody else ever has.

OK...fine.