View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 02:35 AM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by jackcarls0n View Post
I'm a 121 guy with previous private air charter experience in Asia.

Was curious and interested to apply at NetJets in the future. But wasn't sure what was the difference between 18 day fixed, 15 day flex and 7 on 7 off was. Couldn't find much detail except that the last one is work seven days and you get seven days off.

And is a US Passport Mandatory, or one who is a Permanent Resident get a job with NetJets too?

Anyone care to share some detail, would appreciate it. Also, what are the soft pay in the contracts, as mentioned by few here on APC?

And is the pay numbers accurate as mentioned on APC?

Thank you.
The 18 day schedule is unpredictable but it does have some bidding preferences. You are given your schedule no later than the 15th of the month before. Expect 6-7 on with 3-5 off. Once a quarter they can, and will, schedule you for 8 days. The month of Feb is considered F1- March 1 for schedule purposes. The pay is attractive but it's a horrible schedule. New hires and recalls are placed on it until you bid off. I did ASAP.

I have no experience with the 15 day.

We have several non-US natives here but I don't know about the passport issue.

Add 10% to pay for overtime, holiday, etc.

If you have the time I'd seriously consider somewhere else. I spending every waking day looking to get out of here. $80k to wipe down fingerprints on a small jet just doesn't excite me anymore. And I expect upgrades to be around 20-25 years unless there is a mass exodus at the top. No retirement age and guys are working until they're 70, 75, and even 83. Lots of airplanes on order but no real net growth. It's a fit for some but I'd look carefully.

Good luck.