View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Keith Breazeal
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: behind the camera

Originally Posted by Zoot Suit View Post
Cause it's in FRANCE
Yup! I went there in 1987 to film. Started off by not getting some of our equipment back until day 3. "we didn't lose you gear, we just can't find it" That was the show that the B-1 made an appearance. The Russians stole a handheld GPS from the trade show and got caught. It was an interesting week!

On the new F-18...I saw it last year at the Airshow in Salinas, Ca. WOW! I do promotional videos for the aerobatic pilots and thought I'd tape a few shots when it flew. Wound up shooting the full flight both days. I'm retired from Naval Aviation(1987) so I do have a soft spot for some aircraft. It was a great demo!

I just finished doing a 9 minute segment on the F-22 Raptor with the demo pilot talking you through each maneuver.(it's on my web site)
The point of flying demos with weapons is the right way to display the aircraft's performance, like to see the SU-30 do the same. The F-22 demo pilot and I talked about this very subject. The F-22 is all internal stores, so the aircraft always has a clean aerodynamic profile and retains the stealth qualities. The pop-up 20mmm gun is cool!

Here's a shot from the 2007 Sacramento Airshow