View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 02:47 PM
F16Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by Macjet View Post
Some slack, I'm sure. I've picked up plenty of dirty airplanes. However, I still do the job I'm paid to do. I stock the galley per the FOM, I check all the drink dates, check the under seat drawers, restock the nuts, DOTS, and Tootsie rolls in the arm rests, clean the windows, clean the airshow screens, and wipe every other damn fingerprint off the glossy and gold surfaces in the cabin. I won't, however, touch the lav unless gloves are onboard. There's only four of us left out of our new hire class so obviously this place is becoming less attractive with age. I know it is for me.

I know guys that came back strictly for the schedule and commute and that's understandable. But those considering this place need to be aware that they're going to be an SIC for a long, long time. And don't think for a minute that you'll be swapping fleets anytime soon here. Almost every thing is in disposal so that means no bids. Welcome to the XL or Phenom for the next decade. I know this place is better than some but unless you really love the thought of vacuuming up pretzels in an XL for the next five presidential terms then look elsewhere. There's more money to be had for far less work and with many more days at home.

And I think our fan boys are deceiving only themselves. If we get to arbitration they're going to compare our pay and work rules to XO Jet, Flex, Shares, and Executive and not UA, AA, WN, or DL. I've got a better chance at a threesome with Angelina and Jennifer than we do at WN+1%. Worth has nothing to do with it and unfortunately we are far above our peers already. Our industry has historically paid based upon size as our current contract does and we're gong to be compared to like size operators. The reality is that we're already the best paid fractional pilots in the world and it'll be hard to point at guys driving equipment that carry more in fuel then we weight and demand their pay. I wish it could be but I just don't see it happening.
Great words.

The threesome reference is hilarious, and true. I totally agree with you. Should NJA pilots be paid swa + 1%? Absolutely, Yes. Will they? No way in f#^king hell!

Good luck on the job hunt, Macjet. You will get a call before you know it.