View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM
mooneymite
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: FE, FO, CAPT.

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Incorrect on many points. 2 DA200 CA bids went up today. I have seen several guys in my fractionally short time here move fleets, to the 350, DA2000 etc.

People are moving airplanes if they wish, and they have the seniority...
Ha! What are you smoking? Are you one of those management plants?

Yep, 2 DA2000 CA bids. And how many pilots are there? Chances those bids will go to displaced captains....certainly not someone like me, a 10 year FO stuck for eternity. Change airplanes? To a smaller airplane maybe?

I have military, GA and 121 background. Fractional life is the worst'; long trips, long days, crew rot. This job is for someone "just passing through", it's not a desireable career. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. When you've got 30 years and looking forward to retirement, you'll be flying the same trips you flew as a new hire and there is no retirement unless you managed to save enough in your 401K to live on.

If you're under 45 years old, go for the majors. If you're over 45 you're probably stuck. I suspect that Hansell wants to be the guy who busted the unions. It would behoove us all to have savings and a back-up plan. When we get locked out, we should thank Hansell for making us get a job with a future.