View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Pro2nd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: EWR 777 FO

Originally Posted by Probe View Post
Our current reserve system is similar to L-UALs system post 06 or so. Every other change before that to the reserve system made it worse. The current one is actually pretty good. Maybe borderline outstanding.
It may not be the best system out there, but I will take it, and do bid reserve about half the time. By choice.

Reserve sucks when they are short, no matter what system we use.
It may not be the worst system out there, but I disagree that this system is anywhere near outstanding. It is so complicated it is a second job just to understand what you must do and what you can't do. We shouldn't be responsible for anything on a day off period. As a global reserve all but one block of days off (6 day block) can be rolled and restored where ever the company feels like it would benefit them most. With one block of days off having to be 6 days (per 117 regs I think) that leaves several 2 day off blocks for the rest of the month. Good luck having any kind of life at home commuting back and forth on 2 days off. These blocks are the ones that can be rolled btw so don't make any plans.

Also Probe, I respect your opinion, but if you indeed do bid reserve, you are the first person I have talked to actually on reserve that likes the rules.