View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Flyinhigh
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
I'm having some trouble interpreting the contract re: custom lines during the first month of ITU. Any advice/lessons learned would be greatly appreciated. Training starts about two-thirds of the way into the month, so there is no single departure line that falls completely under the training footprint.

A few questions I'm trying to answer:

Not saying I would do this, but if you bid a single departure trip that does not conflict with the training and protect min days off, do they remove the trip and you get no pay for the month unless you do makeup?

What do you get paid if you bid a secondary and how many CH will they build into your line?

90 CH single departure line overlaps the first two days of training, so it is removed. According to the contract formula for custom lines, they compute the 2 days of overlap x R-day value (~4.75) plus 12 CH for the buffer - so 21.5 CH. Then they subtract that from the 90 CH value of the trip in conflict which gives 68.5 CH they can add back into your custom line. 68.5 CH is going to be about an 11 day trip plus 12 days of ITU would be 23 work days. Do min days off still come into play somehow in this process?

Thanks.
Check out Section 11 of the CBA. I don't think you can have 12 days of work in 12 straight days in ITU. You will have some days off scheduled in those 12 days.