View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 05:12 AM
Std Deviation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation

Was there from 2006 until last year. DFW. Got tired of the tap on the shoulder Friday telling me I had to come in Sunday to teach International Procedures for one client. Then tuesday for one client. Then thursday for one client. Hey, why don't we put all these guys together on wednesday? Nope. One word FSI never says - at the expense of instructors - is "NO."

I was even told Texas is a right to work state so If I didn't want to do it I could leave. And I did.

Got roughly 2% a year raise. No profit sharing bonus about half of those years. Every salary level has a "cap." Once you reach that, no more increases.

FSI also starting requiring instructors to sign a two year retention contract to prevent the grab and go type rating. This happened last Feb when I was leaving.

Programs vary - some work you like crazy.

If you want to go back to flying it's the kiss of death. Great contacts, no recency of experience. I interviewed at several Fortune 50 companies and they all said the same thing - my lack of recency eliminated me. In fact, when I went back to 121 ops my current employer required me to go BACK to a regional for 200 hours before they would give me a class date. Not many would be willing to regress to that salary to leave FSI. That should tell you something.