View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Fred Flintstone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Std Dev calls it 100% right!

In the SAV center I got the "right to work state" speech on day one of indoc by the center assistant manager. Pretty well set the tone of "you work, we tell you when, no questions allowed." Soured me about the place on day one and set my resolve to leave as fast as I could.

Schedules were always changing by the minute. In SAV the Gulfstream plant had an awesome and cheap cafeteria right door to the training center. Only problem was the doorway to the cafe was right next to the scheduling office. We would go out the fire escape at the back of the center to avoid walking past scheduling!

Outside flying? In SAV you were allowed to contract during your vacation time but never as PIC. Only issue was you never knew if your vacation was going to be honored or moved around.

Going non current is the true kiss of death. I was there about 6 months and went to a startup 121 outfit that required me to repeat the type rating course on a plane I had over 1000 hours PIC and a current 121 proficiency check.

I truly hope the instructor pay is addressed there, FSI instructors deserve it, from about a decade ago.