Thread: New Scab List
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 07:26 AM
Gillegan
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B777 Captain

Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
I just watched a French television special about the lengths some pilots go through to get a job flying an airliner. Seems that pay for training is a booming business for brokers and sim rental companies.
with a fresh commercial license you can pay $50,000 and get a type rating and 10 hours with an airline, then a possiblity of a job at that company ( with pay so low, McDonalds entry level makes more).
Is there any kind of list that tracks these pilots who pervert the pay system in aviation? If not there should be, just like the scab lists from unions.
You my friend are what is wrong with this profession. I deplore PFT but your suggestion to vilify the poor souls starting out smacks of the arrogance that has brought us to this sorry state in the first place. It was the senior union pilots who were happy to take their 30 pieces of silver in exchange for RJ's blanketing the skies and then those same pilots who were happy to leave those RJ pilots to fend for themselves. Now you complain about the inevitable result? The market will eventually take care of PFT but if you want to speed that up, it will take the unions and the senior pilots who control them to do that.

I suggest you look up SCAB in the dictionary and use it properly before posting again.