Thread: New Scab List
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 07:38 PM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by ridinhigh View Post
While not a scab!
Defiantly not a good sign on the character of a person. Willing to take shortcuts at the expense of other pilots who have moral integrity. Those who would never PFT and never respect anyone who did.
Trying to say PFT is ok only comes from those who did it and are trying to make themselves feel good about their ill advised decision that will stick with them their entire career.
Can't undo that portion of a resume and I'm glad it's mostly over in the US.
But Gulfstream is a red flag on any resume and some people who do the hiring out there just might care still. I know I do.
Pay your dues, you just might learn something.
Gulfstream used to hire street captains, they did not pay for training. Are those to be blamed too?
Additionally, and despite your opinion, Gulfstream pilots got hired at just about every legacy and major. Yours assumption that their resume has a red flag is only an opinion, and a wrong one.
If I could go back and save myself years of CFI and painful 135 low paying jobs, I would do their program. At the end I would have been economically ahead. But the most important thing would have been the saving in time. Unfortunately I was young and I listened to opinions like yours, and the guys that did not listen to that, and went to PFT programs are now captains in legacies, or senior captains in major airlines.