Thread: New Scab List
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 08:24 PM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
It's not exactly a respected history. Those that did that program have had the toughest time getting hired by top tier carriers from what I've seen.
I know personally a bunch of them, since so many went there from my flight school.

All hired without issues at DAL, Continental, NWA, United, FedEx, UPS, SWA, JB, Spirit, Frontier, etc etc The only one missing is AA (that I know of) But some went to Eagle after the 250hr, so I am sure they would get in with the flow through.

Those of us that did not do that program, listened to pessimistic opinions, and stayed behind as CFIs, had much tougher, and longer time to get into any major. Now the ones that did go to Gulfstream PFT are our senior Captains or even Check Arimen.

I can also tell you that the money I spent for my CFI CFII and MEI, plus the rest spent to supplement the low income derived by those ratings, easily adds up to more than the Gulfstream PFT.

Too late now, plus those times are gone, with the 1500 requirement, but if I could go back, I would definitely jump start my career, I just did not have the right guidance. Now that I think of it, lot of the guys that did the program were sons of airline pilots. They knew better.