Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 03:59 PM
404yxl
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by friend View Post
If you have no 121 experience or
Flying a glass cockpit the training is very hard. I had a friend who went through training and he told me your on your own. No extra help with instructor or any teacher process.

They want you to know all your flows and memory items and limitations COLD!!!!!!

They want you to know your profiles very well. The sim i heard they will give you 3 extra sims if you need it. Systems training your own your own again.

Be very careful joining compass if you have no experience. One doesn't want to fail initial training and have a record in their file.

Skywest and mesa have very good training. They really teach you and make the effort. Skywest by far has the best training. With skywest as long as they see you are trying and have a good attitude they will work with you and do their best to get you through the training. On the other hand Compass, gojet, and transtate mostly farm out their sim trainig from flight safety and really don't have any of their own sim instructors to teach you. And in their ground school the instructor just read out and goes very fast about systems so you have to be ahead of the game.

For prior 121 guys, military guys, it's a piece of cake, but for new hires of CFi background or part 135 guys flying cargo it might be a challenge.

Good luck
Ignore this person. Most of what he said is incorrect. Compass doesn't farm out any training. All done in house, and they have a high pass rate close to 99% success. Training is AQP, so very hard to fail a checking event that goes on your record.

Plus, never take advice from someone with writing skills this atrocious.