View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Flying Ninja
Need More Flight Time!

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Flight Simulator X

Originally Posted by NE_Pilot
The main point, is that if you don't atleast like what you are doing, you should probably switch professions. (This is not direct at you, since you said you love to fly). Personally I would rather be successful, than rich. I don't consider every rich person successful, you are successful if you are truely happy with your life, which includes what you do, since it is such a large part of your life.
Your point is well taken. I guess I tend to leave things at the office. I take my personal time pretty seriously. If I can help it, I don't think about work or talk about it. I indulge myself in other aspects of life. The success vs. rich is probably the more sensitive issue. I do love to fly, but I don't love it enough to be on welfare working at the pathetic pay the regional airlines offer. It almost seems to me that it's daily comedy to airline management to watch a bunch of pilots with such important responsibilities working and getting paid like a 16 year old with a paper route. I guess my point is, you can be happy and successful as long as your stomach is full and you're warm and dry (read: food on the table & roof over your head). I just find it sadistic to do with what the regionals are paying out.