View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Valaryon
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: king air

Originally Posted by sublime259 View Post
No I do not believe at all that PSA would be shut down had you said no. AAG would have realized that what they were asking for was not feasible and the proverbial bar would not have been lowered. Have you not heard of the laws of supply and demand? AAG did everything in their power to circumvent these basic laws through fear and intimidation, and they clearly succeeded. At least envoy, express jet, and republic tried to take a stand when cowards such as your pilot group bowed out at the first sign that things would not be easy.

I don't expect to change your mind about how your pilot group is perceived. Someone said it best before when describing PSA pilots as "those mother ****ers!" It's not without reason I can assure you that. Whether I was on property for the vote or not, I would absolutely be ashamed to tell others that I'm a pilot for PSA. I'm sure some of you actually say American Eagle, rather then PSA, lol.
looking back in history.. when have the airlines (regional's in this case) ever done what was smart. They may or may not have closed psa/envoy if a third no vote was given. But don't for a second think that if they didn't close them down that it was because of forward thinking. That is just not how the top thinking generally goes.