View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 09:28 AM
sarahswhere
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by guidoverduci View Post
Sarah, like I originally said... Congrats. I have no issues with you being hired. I'm not sure what you are referring to in not believing you. Somewhere my post has been misunderstood.

That being said... I'm a mil IP with similar background as you (except more hours). I can check every box that you posted, I didn't do LOSA but I have a safety background. CP meet and greet, dozens of internal LORs. I'm extremely grateful for where I am today, and I don't feel like I'm owed anything. I couldn't care less that you got hired before me, truthfully. I know this is the beginning of the wave and my time will come when it's my time.
I apologize. I think you got lumped in with the troll earlier in the post. I admit I got a little defensive due to the earlier post so I definitely accept your congrats. I know my flight hours don't speak for anything other than the minimums and that being female does present an advantage. I completely understand any feelings of unfairness there. That being said, it hasn't been exactly easy to get where I am either.

I finished my degree in the back of the Herk on multiple deployments and applied for pilot training. I worked hard and did more than just flight hours. I agree with your assessment that flight hours don't trump extra-curricular. That sucks to hear because of the limited amount of time we get to spend at home. (I'm married to a civilian plumber who works his butt off) Part of the extra stuff I did was to spend more time with him! We will all get hired, and seniority matters but is changing drastically in the next few years. I doubt most of us will spend a decade on reserve like in the past, but I admit to maybe being wrong. Who knows? My original post wasn't from MY vast knowledge but also my observation of many friends who have also gotten hired in the last few years who have spent plenty of time on mil leave. I wish good luck to everyone. Even if they're a little disillusioned from their time thus far in the industry. It's been hard, and I appreciate the sacrifices many have made. It's getting better.