View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 06:23 PM
NZNV
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: If its got wings I'll fly it

Originally Posted by Fetzervalve View Post
Good point about Flightaware. Also helpful would be perceived pros/cons of the Sovereign, Hawker and X by pilots who have flown them. Obviously each aircraft has its idiosyncrasies and it would be helpful to newhires to hear opinions early.

I am guessing Macjet was not a fan of the Excel.
Just to clear something up, you do not get a choice, you get assigned and that's it. If you don't like your assignment then you may just want to keep applying elsewhere, it'll be a while. I've been on three fleets (one is gone), I prefer the X over the XL, I found it more comfortable, I prefer longer legs, less podunk overnights. It is so much a personal preference thing, everyone you talk to will give you a different answer. I am currently in the XL with no seat lock and have a standing bid in on anything bigger as an FO (anything as a CA). You are more just coming to the company, the fleet is not why you come to NetJets. Unless you have some free time and want to get a type. If you accept a class thinking you are going to be sexy flying the X, you are making a really bad decision. I'll pick two random tours in each fleet, I can not include all of the changes that were proposed each day, or why tail swaps happened:

X
Day one: 11:17a show, Airline WN PBI-TPA, taxi to PIE, fly pax PIE-BED 2.3, off at 9:38p, Doubletree
Day two: 9:48a show, ferry BED-BNA 2.4, pax KBNA-TXKF 2.3, ferry TXKF-KPBI 2.6, off at 8:56p, Marriott
Day three: 8:00a show, pax PBI-CMA 5.0, off at 4:42p, Hampton Inn
Day four: 7:15a show, limo CMA-VNY, Pax VNY-SBP-VNY 1.2, ferry VNY-LAX 0.3, off at 6:11p, Hilton
Day five: 4:00p show, airline VX LAX-SFO, rental car SFO-APC , pax APC-SLC 1.4, off at 1:43a, Hilton
Day six: 3:30p show, airport standby, off at 10:00pm, Hilton
Day seven: 8:12a show, airline DL SLC-ATL-PBI, off at 8:27p

XL
Day one: 7:00a show, limo PBI-FLL, airline US FLL-PHL, Uber PHL-PNE, off 6:30pm, Crown Plaza
Day two: 6:15a show, pax PNE-FRG-CON-FRG-PNE 3.2, off 4:53p, Crown Plaza
Day three: 8:30a show, pax PNE-PBI 3.6, ferry PBI-07FA 0.5, off 4:40p, ORC Hotel
Day four: 9:00a show, pax 07FA-PBI 0.6, ferry PBI-OCF 0.8, pax OCF-SAV 0.9, ferry SAV-GSO 0.9, limo GSO-MEB, off 8:30p Hampton Inn
Day five: 11:00a show, pax MEB-PBI 1.7, pax PBI-OCF 0.8, ferry OCF-SUA 0.7, pax SUA-BED 2.8, off 10:35p, Hilton Garden Inn
Day six: 5:00p show, taxi BED-BOS, ferry BOS-BED 0.5, off 8:46p, Embassy Suites
Day seven: 10:30a show, pax BED-TEB 1.1, limo TEB-LGA, airline DL LGA-PBI, off 9:45p

Is that what you were looking for?