View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by flyguy37 View Post
Don't think MacJet is a fan of life. In his defense the Sovereign is the worst hand flying plane on earth. Great performance but that is it. The Hawker is a better machine. No experience with the X. Change is the name of the game. If you don't like it you won't like NJ.
I love life but came to hate my job at NetJets. I got so sick of week long tours loading bags, wiping down cabinets, stocking the galley with alcohol, water, food tools, salt, ice, beer, vinegar, wine, plates, catering etc and then having to stock nuts, cookies, etc in every arm rest and seat tray, and then having to screw with back stocking the cabinet. Not to mention having to deal with their pets, cars, or standing over my shoulder on the flight deck. I was a pilot 10% of the time and a baggage handler, house keeping, and waitress the rest of the time. NetJets is a decent job and the guys are under paid but I really grew very tired of the whole operation. I know others enjoy it and my opinion is my own and not a blanket feeling of the entire pilot group. But I couldn't see myself doing that job for another year much less another twenty. I left and haven't been happier. And the XL does actually fly worse than the 680.