View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Alex
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: XJT FO

Originally Posted by Uncle Bose
Thanks...could you indulge me with a few more answers?
What is the average time to upgrade, provided a candidate meets all the requirements?
Well most people take a while to upgrade because most of the new hires here are brand new CFI's out of the fast-track program. My case was a little different, I was hired in december and selected for the upgrade a month later. However, I had over 350 hours of dual given from previous work as an instructor at a different school. So if you meet the requirements, and there is a need for multi instructors, then there is almost no wait at all

Also, is there any priority given to those who got their MEI in a Seminole?
As far as getting it in a seminole, it definitly helps once you're in the standardization class, but it makes no difference as far as getting selected for it.

Just wondering...I graduated a year ago and moved away, but have been considering moving back to instruct there. One thing I remember from CFI watercooler talk there is how fast multi time builds up once an MEI is upgraded. Is that expected to change with the new sim-heavy 142 program?
It really depends on what type of multi students you get, and whether you're full-time or not. I'm part time right now (graduating in May) so I only get about 3 students overall. The three students I have now are all part 142 instrument students. Most of it is done in the multi, but it's mostly sims, so I won't be getting much flight time out of those students. However, I know of quite a few full-timers that have nothing but multi students, both part 141 and 142, private, instrument and commercial. So as you can imagine, they are building nothing but multi time from now on.