View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 07:01 AM
MavAv8r
Banned

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by IlliniPilot99 View Post
you need 2500 TT and `1000 121 sic...

so if you flew 500- 750 hrs a year it would take you 1.5-2 years roughly to upgrade.

Mav said it correct, CQFO's will be getting true upgrade in about 3-4 months, of course depending on how many FO's become eligible as they get more time. Currently the first CQFO is about 26 away from the most junior CA.
I thought he said he had Prior 121 time? If that's the case..how much do you have? If you meet the minimums already you should easily hold captain within 12 months of your new hire date. We are starting to get to the point to where we are hiring lower time guys. It will take them longer to reach the minimums, allowing higher times guys to upgrade faster.

Looking at the most recent seniority list, which had about 500 pilots on it, we may have just hired our most junior captain. I personally still don't think we have, due to the fact that there are probably 100 pilots on military or medical leave, and/or in the training department. With 86 airplanes being the final number we still need to hire at least another 350 - 400 pilots, and I don't think we've hired that most junior guy strictly based on the growth aircraft.

I believe our most junior Captain for the growth will start training sometime in May. After May, you will need some attrition which is also starting to pick up. I think that anyone still hired through the summer is going to see a very fast upgrade, especially if you have the time. You have by no means "missed the wave."