Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Squallrider
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
Like I already said, the same benefits that Inc touted when they bought xjt would apply in greater degree if they merged everything. You might be able to make a case why YOU don't want that but that's not what we are taking about here. We are talking about corporate culture, not pilot politics. It's the corporate culture that our CEO creates by putting his own employees to compete against each other rather than work together to compete as one, against other regionals. It's what he does to us instead of with us. He rather set up a system that suppresses our wages and you refuse to acknowledge that culture for some strange reason.

As for 10 days off and average line value, that was just two examples. What about the 38% you pay for insurance or the whole discussion on this thread about being reflowed? Again, just another two examples out of many. But I guess ignorance is bliss.
Let's get to the heart of the matter, you need us, we don't need you. Anyone can see expressjet is winding down, your fleet is not desired by mainline. You have the most to gain (as in having a job and maintaining seniority) being part of us, but we have nothing to gain from having you on our list. That's really why you want us to be union because then you could actually merge with us. I know you're going to spin it that managment makes you look unprofitable (of course that's what every manager ever wants *rolls eyes*) but your contract and operation are being subsidized by Skywest side, I think you should think about your ignorance.