View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 11:06 PM
deltajuliet
Living the Dream

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
I would suppose if a military or aviation degree pilot played their cards right they could legally be PIC at 1750 and 2000 TT respectively.
Is that the case? I've heard some say they'd need 1000 SIC and 2500 TT. Like, the 1000 SIC doesn't start until the ATP is no longer Restricted or something. I know the reg below just says 1000 SIC, but is there anything else to it?
121.436 Pilot Qualification: Certificates and experience requirements.
(a) No certificate holder may use nor may any pilot act as pilot in command of an aircraft (or as second in command of an aircraft in a flag or supplemental operation that requires three or more pilots) unless the pilot:
(1) Holds an airline transport pilot certificate not subject to the limita- tions in § 61.167 of this chapter;
(2) Holds an appropriate aircraft type rating for the aircraft being flown; and
(3) If serving as pilot in command in part 121 operations, has 1,000 hours as second in command in operations under this part, pilot in command in operations under §91.1053(a)(2)(i) of this chapter, pilot in command in operations under §135.243(a)(1) of this chap- ter, or any combination thereof. For those pilots who are employed as pilot in command in part 121 operations on July 31, 2013, compliance with the requirements of this paragraph (a)(3) is
not required.