View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 09:54 AM
TheTransporter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by CloudShredder View Post
That was from an AS (Alaska Airlines) pilot. Here's a direct link to a thread discussing the issue on the other site.

SkyWest to fly E175s for Alaska, Gets 12 PCL CR2s | Jetcareers

My reasoning was really just based on the AS pilots point of view that they're currently tapped out, and really all contracting out the E175 flying to another partner does is allow Alaska to turn more profit allowing AAG pilots to enjoy their pay, and allowing AS's route structure to grow. That was one thought process. I'm simply playing devil's advocate here citing a quote from an AS employee. Take what you will from it. I recognize the tension, and need to prevent the industry from being eroded by regionals taking mainline flying which would make mainline airlines become a shell of their former selves.
They are getting rid of their smallest aircraft and outsourcing it to you. They are not tapped out, they often cover for QX when we have maintenance issues. Just because some person on a message board says it is true, it does not mean it is true. Welcome to the regionals, give it 5-10 years and you will not be on your knees for SkyWest.