Thread: Empire?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 12:42 PM
chazbird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Fifth floor, window

When I went through training as a street captain and no ATR time FSI's ATR program was pretty screwed up. All were contract, no Empire training people there. I had 1 systems instructor (great) another CRM person (terrible) and several sim instructors (OK to horrible). Before a sim session that instructor (who instructed other ATR carriers) gave a us a brief with a little oral quiz. What I/we answered was "wrong". When we showed them our correct answers/sources we were told "We didn't really want to learn". That's when I stood up and told that person I am firing them. Program manager came in and I told him the same thing. I thought I was toast but I wasn't going to be treated that way .Empire DO and chief pilot totally backed me up and I took the type ride later in the airplane. Mostly I had good experiences there, genuinely liked the people, and the schedules (after my base closed I did a floater for awhile and did nearly every run, including the AK stuff). Its just that out of the blue they get strangely capricious. People warned me about that, not if, but when, and eventually it happened.