Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Squallrider
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
No, I was there on the MEC. I had a front row seat in 2008. Cal used Skywest to whipsaw their pilots against xjt. The cal operation (now UAL) has been unprofitable since then.

p what you have and because you can't compete you lose flying.

Fix? There is nothing to fix. This was more or less their game plan. At worst, it was their plan b. Good thing I have mine.

We haven't been profitable in many years because our CEO whipsawed you against us. It's only annoying to you because it's true. And it's the reason why you should go union, to actually help the situation instead of just being spectators. It's Skywest Inc's fault that xjt isn't profitable, not xjt pilots. And the fact that xjt is losing money is NOT making you get paid any less. So I don't understand why you even you even bring up who sustains who. The fact of the matter is that all of us work for the same shareholders, the same BOD, the same CEO, the same president, the same EVP. The money that is made or lost all goes in the same pile. The only reason why there are two separate airlines is to suppress your wages and mine. As soon as you can admit that, we will be on the same page.

Comair fellas ran that airline into the ground. I know that when you say comair fellas you really mean Delta management.
Doesn't pay me more or less because expressjet costs inc money...however it doesn't deteriorate the companies long term viability, something that is more important than a few dollars which is what expressjet hasn't figured out. Your contracts are not sustainable in the regional market but you'll fight management to the death to kewow something that's not sustainable, you lose flying you go out of business. Inc doesn't win by expressjet going out of business but they can't keep a operation going that keeps losing money. Investors have been asking what are you going to do about expressjet every earnings call I've been on. The last one the answer was the same as before "try negotiate with United" but they added winding down unprofitable flying.