Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Squallrider
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
I think you meant to say that it DOES deteriorate long term viability. And I'm saying that that isn't xjt pilots' fault. It was our CEO that decided to whipsaw us in 2008 which made xjt unprofitable. And it was our CEO who decided to actually buy xjt in 2010 after he had negotiated a money losing CPA that you correctly say is not sustainable. And it's our CEO who decided to keep us separate in order to suppress your wages and mine. So why should we pay for our CEO's mistakes and his willingness to pit his employees against each other? Was is it you don't get about that? I've even said that we were open to concessionary negotiations if it meant a complete merger. But our CEO's corporate culture gets in the way of that. That's all I'm saying. And like I already said, we are not trying to burn anything down. For example, we are negotiating PBS work rules to implement onto our contract BEFORE getting a joint contact with the CRJ side. We are willing to work with management in mutually agreeable way. It's actually our CEO that has done more damage to xjt than any employee group has. Lastly, I believe that the death nail was hammered into place when our MEC decided to roll over in 2010. I know they have no problems winding down xjt if things don't turn around and I'm ok with that. I'm not married to this company nor career. I just feel bad for the others who don't have a back up plan. It's said that corporate culture may end up harming thousands of families. And for what? Just to keep us from making a bit more or getting some better work rules. All in order to make some institutional shareholders some more money.

Having a union is so much more than just a contract. Especially in this career.
What does the Skywest pilots get with a merger? Nothing. Don't sprout the collective bargaining because no pilot group has leverage, all the alpa groups put together have no leverage as they fight each other. Union means unity and alpa at the regional level don't have that.