Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Paid2fly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post
Yeah it is all your guys fault that my bonuses have went down!! Oh wait, I guess my low wages and lack of work rules allows Inc to purchases other airlines (i.e. Air Meekong) but if that would have made money, I'm positive they would have shared it with us pilots.

As soon as pilots realize that operations are such a small drop in the bucket, we won't see any significant gains in pay packages. Hell, I can give myself more of a raise on each trip by flying the block than I will get out of this upcoming offer. I have lost more than 2% in QOL each year just by SW making up their own interpretations of 117 and the PBS buffers they use. But since it cost them about $6 to have me sit at the airport for 4 hours, they will schedule the trips that way. There is no reason we should be this many years into 117 and not be able to stack trips.

Would any of this change with a union? Maybe not. But it really is tiresome to hear our pilot group act like it would put the company under to pay me for the hours I am away from my family. There is so much waste with duplicate management and outdated equipment (we still do payroll with an f'ing excel sheet), but whatever we do, let's not make any changes. Just keep telling the pilots how expensive they are.

They purchased 4 airlines, 3 of which have been money losers. They also have been doing stock buy-backs(for many years), which is considered by most to be a very poor use of corporate capital.