Old 04-17-2015, 08:09 AM
Drofdeb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by globalexpress View Post
Are we arguing about the RLA or your statement about your union treating you like stepchildren? I'm arguing about the latter point. The RLA sucks. You won't hear me defend it.

All regional airlines don't have to leave the "union," which I assume you mean to be ALPA. Just the ones that feel they are being treated unfairly can leave. And they certainly do have the freedom to vote out ALPA or whoever and vote a different union in. We're all lucky we weren't born in Dubai, or we wouldn't even have that choice, or likely a forum to complain on.

Carry on.
When I refer to the union, I'm talking about all of them that represent the regionals, ALPA, Toonsters, FAPA,etc.

They all suck or did you not realize that? Who do the 19000 regional pilots go to? The unions are just a tool for management in their whipsaw games.

Born in Dubai!? Ignorance is bliss. (see TP's post)

Carry on.

Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot View Post
You're kidding, right? A citizen of Dubai (or the UAE) has incredible opportunity in life. Not that I am saying that is better than being an American, but it certainly isn't a bad thing to be a citizen of the UAE like you are making it sound.

TP