Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 12:56 PM
b82rez
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Did your F/O file an ASAP report for himself trying to follow the proper company procedure and having YOU override him and order him to turn off the EAI? You, of course wouldn't be covered as ASAP doesn't cover willfully disregarding proper procedures, which you admit you did. These posts of your should be forwarded to Delta HR for a proper review of your fitness for consideration. I know some Delta pilots who take their reputation very seriously and would think poorly of the attitude you would bring and they might make "inquiries".
Don't get ridiculous. His original post said nothing about not allowing the FO to turn on the anti-ice.

I think the issue is, that freezingflyboy's original post reeked of arrogance. I've flown with arrogant pilots and it is a character trait that leaves the entire crew open to a whole mess of trouble.

I am by no means perfect, but whenever a fellow pilot asks me if I'm "sure" about something, my immediate response is.."absolutely not...I'll look it up."

I may be 100% positive in my brain, but if another professional pilot calls me on it, what makes me right and him wrong?

I hope that this was a learning moment for the OP.