Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 07:39 AM
Crazy Canuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

On my interview my interviewer offered this feedback: "thank you for being so prepared and looking so professional."

Skywest is looking for someone who is going to come prepared to class and their job, represent them well, and has a good personality.

They are big on your physical impression. Wear a suit. I have no idea why this needs to be said...
Get a fresh haircut. Be neat shaven. Look as good as you ever have.

For the technical, which seemed to compromise most of my interview, don't sweat it. They don't care if you know everything. What they ARE looking for is preparedness. Study your systems, jepps, and ATP questions. If you have prepared it will be obvious to them and will go a long way in making a good impression.

The HR part is the biggest aspect. They are big on leadership, professionalism, and attitude. Give stories that demonstrate these things. They are hiring future captains not just FOs and they want to know you can think like a captain and aren't afraid to step up to the plate. Attitude is key. They want to see that you can fit the Skywest culture, which if you judge based on what you read here isn't super attractive . Believe it or not, most skywest pilots pride themselves on being a group that has a better collective attitude than our counterparts in the regional industry. My experience has been that regardless of this places short comings, people hold themselves to their own personal standard of having a positive attitude not just at work but at home as well. That's not a knock on anyone else, and it doesn't mean we don't ***** and complain plenty, but at the end of the day most of us are happy to be here and enthusiastic about our lives and our job.

Do these things and you're a shoe in! Good luck!