Old 04-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Super27
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: The Dark Side

Originally Posted by scubaash View Post
I'm miserable. I really miss flying, I never really worked and I got to have fun all day and see some amazing places. I hate waking up to go to work now, driving the same road every day, working with the same people every day, sitting in the dark tracon...overall I don't really like going to work and all I can think of is my old office at FL410 and spending "work" sitting in the islands. Flying has always been my dream and passion since as young as I could remember.
I guess I'll be the lone dissenter here and say that if you're that miserable, I think considering a return to flying is a wise choice. Yeah, money and benefits are important, but so is being happy going to work every day. You've already done the flying side, so you know what you'd be getting yourself into. You also know that if your priorities change down the road (i.e. family, kids, etc), you might find yourself very seriously regretting your choice. BUT, if you're pretty confident in what direction you want to go with your life, and you feel like you can manage the QOL and lifestyle sacrifices that being a full-time pilot involves, than I would encourage you to go for it. There is nothing worse than sitting at work every day of your life wishing you were doing something else - especially when that something else is something that you're already trained for and qualified to do.