View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:46 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
You are correct, as soon as we got 5:15 ADG, the 4 day, commutable trips pretty much disappeared in DTW...at least for me at 60% down the list of ER FO's. I either had to do GRU's or 5 day trips that ended with a red eye. I have since, switched to ATL because it appeared at the time, that there were many 4 day, commutable trips. Now, with this letter, I am afraid it might have been for nothing.

I keep hearing from the company that they're trying to decrease credit time but one look at a 73N bid pack and it looks like they haven't optimized the trips in that category yet...4 day trips with 13 hours of flying and DH's all over the place.
While its partly ADG/credit driven, a huge part of it is our million fleet types compounded with marketing's blank check to route equipment anywhere under any circumstance to save/make one penny per flight.

When you have routes where the company switches similar or even same sized planes around regardless (irregardless?) of pairing considerations and then hands off the flying to build pairings, degraded QOL is going to be the result. Ironically that pushes us to demand (rightfully so) better work rules and rigs (aka financial consequences) for QOL degradations in the first place. The company may then turn around and point to the very QOL hits that they created and say that (and the drastically increased training bubble) drives poor productivity because we're all sitting around at the airport/hotels and they want other offsets elsewhere to make up for the supposed lack of productivity.